Monday, November 7, 2016

November...Where is my mission going?

Hello everyone!

 I can't believe that November is already here. I won't lie I had a couple of moments last week kind of freaking out that the mission is nearly over and I feel that there is still soooo much more I need to do and learn. Luckily there is still some time and I will use it to the best of my ability.

Before I get too far I want to thank my Grandma Jeri for a great Halloween card and I hope you had a very happy birthday.

This past week was awesome. Elder Peake with the rest of the district and I had a great time at meal appointments visiting and joking with the members. It's been a blessing to have so much time here in Weslaco. I love the members here in all the units to death. They are terrific people. Yesterday during fast and testimony meeting we heard so many powerful testimonies of the temple from these great people. I also felt impressed to stand and bear my testimony of eternal families and the incredible experience my mother and I had of taking my brother and sister Tyler and Tara's names through the temple before I came out here. I know without a doubt that they are in spirit paradise doing extremely well and helping out and working hard there. The whole purpose and joy of God's grand design is to see us all together as families in his presence again. I implore all that haven't been to the temple in awhile to bring a family ancestors name through and feel of the joy that comes from such an experience. I also implore those that haven't gone or unable to currently go, to work with your church leaders who love you to get a recommend and go. I miss the temple so much. The work there is real and you will feel no closer to God in any other place but His house.

We are seeing much growth and success with our investigator Juan currently and if all goes well with the final interview with our mission president (which i'm certain it will because of how golden of a man he is) he should be baptized very soon! I love this man and his family to death and I want nothing more than to see him join the rest of the family in baptism and go on to the sealing powers only available in the temple.
Sometimes he adds different details in his personal letters to me. Here's a part that made me sad...
Things are going great with Juan. He is an awesome guy that has a terrific family in some of the poorest conditions I've seen out here. Very very humble people. I wish so bad that I had money to buy them a new house that didn't have holes all over and cockroaches and mice running in and out. It's super sad.

I love you all so much and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Sheehy



Some older pics that I got from Elder Peake's camera...

Elder Peake and I got to eat here a few weeks ago for a members birthday for all you can eat shrimp. Yes, we're spoiled :P

​Pirate birthday party with Elder Gonzalez and Barnett

​I thought this christian church sign was clever

​Yep, we found it... the Party spot. "Oh this is the party spot?... I guess I've been looking in the wrong place?"

Apparently the brother of Jared is marketing his glowing rocks now...

Yes, a real live snake got stuck in my companions tie... don't ask lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment