Monday, November 21, 2016

Corpus Life

Hey everyone!

So I had some changes the last week. I was transferred here to Corpus Christi with Elder Knutti and I am having a blast. It is super pretty here and the weather is perfect right now. My area butts up against the ocean, so I get to see it basically every day which is really cool. This is definitely my most scenic area I've served in. Elder Knutti is from Virginia and we get along great. I am SOOO grateful I've had such awesome companions in the mission. That has been a huge blessing.

I wanted to be sure to thank my Grandma Jeri before I get too far as well. Thanks for the awesome Thanksgiving package, we have been enjoying the good treats.

So getting here to Corpus was pretty nuts. It was only Elder Buzan and I in a van and we both have never been away from the border and had no idea where we were going. We left the transfer meeting with a GPS in the car and just set a course for Corpus assuming that we could call the Zone Leaders when we got close. Well about halfway there We both realized that no one had given us a cell phone and that there wasn't any numbers in the car for missionaries. We figured we were too far to turn back so we kept on going. We made it to Corpus itself with good time but started wandering around looking for missionaries. Usually you will be met at the stake chapel, but when we arrived there, there wasn't anyone to pick us up. We resorted to talking to a worker that was working on the roof and asked him where the other chapels were located. So we wandered around all over Corpus to the different chapels, but not finding anyone around. Well this went on until about seven at night going to places and looking for members (we found a ward directory luckily).This finally ended up with us knocking on a less-active woman's home who pointed us in the right direction and fed us some food since we hadn't eaten anything all day. Thank goodness haha. Elder Buzan and I thought we were going to have to go back to an area where we knew people as late as it was getting. That was a super crazy experience, but it ended up alright.

Well I'm loving it here and looking forward to spending the holidays on the coast. We are looking at probably 5+ Thanksgiving dinner appointments so that's going to be insane. Pray that I can make it through that day lol.

Well I love y'all a ton and hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I don't have any photos yet, but I'll take a bunch this week.

Stay Classy,

Elder Sheehy

(p.s If you would like to send me some mail or packages ;) my new address is:

5757 S. Staples #1507
Corpus Christi, Texas
78413

The mail should be safe here so feel free to send things straight here as opposed to sending them to the mission home and taking a long time to be brought up here to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment