Monday, November 9, 2015

Semana 37

Buenas tardes todos!

Well I got some news, I got transferred! I am definitely going to miss the awesome people that were in Laredo and Elder Chacin (who will be finishing his mission there in Rio Bravo), but I love this new area a lot already. So I am serving in what is called the Alamo South area which is a super huge area that covers a lot of the city of Pharr, San juan, Alamo, and a bit of Edinburgh. So basically all of the little suburb cities east of McAllen. The area is 100% Spanish. If we find anyone that speaks English we have to pass them off to the English missionaries. This will be a great opportunity to practice my Spanish! It is such a huge difference to what I am used to serving in. It's all nice homes and a lot of people compared to the little, very poor condition border towns I am used to. In fact there are some really, really nice homes in our area that I have felt so out of place walking into. Serving in the poor areas has truly made me appreciate things so much more. I really like it here a lot though and the weather is much cooler here. There are also a bunch of members that love to feed us. I have been eating three dinners every night and going back to the apartment not wanting to see another piece of food for a week, haha. But, I love blessing these peoples lives by going and visiting them and eating the meals they prepare for us. I really love the members here already.

My new companion is Elder Montgomery from Eden, Utah. He is a way cool guy and we get a long great. It's super strange how much we have in common. I am so grateful to be with another super great companion.

I don't have a lot of other details to share, just because how new I am to this area still, so I will have to let you all know more next week.

This Sunday was the McAllen stake conference with a broadcast from Salt Lake with Dallin H. Oaks and Lynn G. Robins of the Seventy speaking. It was super good with messages about making sure that we are prioritizing to do the best things in life and limiting all the distractions of the world to ensure that Christ stays central to our lives.

That's about it for now, so I hope everyone has a great week and remember to do the most important things in this life!

Stay Classy,

Elder Sheehy

P.S. My new address is:

1803 S. Juniper #1
Pharr, Texas 78577

The mail is safe here just in case anybody wants to send me something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment