Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Semana dos de el CCM

¡Hola Y'all! 

Thank you so much everyone who sent me emails! Sorry I don´t have time to respond to everyone, I really wish that I could! Love you all so much and appreciate all the support.

Well not too much to talk about this week as it was just about the same. My district is still awesome and we get along really well. Spanish has been difficult, but I think i'm very slowly improving. Me and Elder Stone have gotten to know the Elder from McAllen better (Elder Chia) He is way cool and has a way funny sense of humor. He also happens to be a competitive eater and I saw him down an MTC burger in 40 seconds. So that was my inspirational moment of the week haha just kidding. He and the rest of his district are in our zone and they are also really awesome guys. Always making us laugh at meal time. Going to miss them as they are leaving next week :( Not sure if it´s true but some people have been saying that no more new missionaries are coming here for a month so the numbers are going to be dwindling down a lot from now on, so that´s kind of lame. 

This past Sunday I had to share my talk in Spanish in sacrament and of course it happened to be the week the president of the whole MTC (President Tenorio) decides to attend our zone sacrement and he is going to speak right after me. So I was way nervous but it went really well and President Tenorio is awesome. I´ll have to share some of the funny stories he shared with us and some way cool stories he has about converting people sometime. I love most of the leadership here and president Rubalclava is my favorite. He says the funniest things and is way laid back.

Funny story of the week, so me and Elder Stone were teaching our "investigator" (he is now our teacher in the afternoons) about the ten commandments and we got to the commandment about not taking the lord's name in vain and instead of saying "vano" or vain in spanish, Elder Stone says "baño". So he pretty much told him not to take the lord´s name into the bathroom. I was dying and it was painful because I was trying so hard to supress my laughter to maintain the spirit in the lesson. Definitely the highlight of the week.

So whenever we have free time, my district loves to play foosball and it gets way intense. We are always laughing so hard and getting way into it. I also love playing soccer out in this asphalt court that they have outside of the gym.

Also, Montezuma´s revenge is totally real, haha. Me and poor Elder Stone have been having to get through that the last week. We could have probably avoided it, but the salsa is too good here. Also as one of Elder Stone´s buddies said in an email to him, if you don´t have the runs at the MTC, you´re doing it wrong,

hahaha. So hopefully we can get through that.

Hope everything is going well for y'all back at home. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers! Remember that there is more to life than being really really excruciatingly good looking.

Stay Classy,

-Elder Sheehy



Me and the boys


Me and Elder Stone are as buff as the statue guy on a building outside the MTC
Another view of the grounds with the cafeteria in the background
 
Our Casa





Hermana Clark and Rice keeping it real in the classroom
Me and Elder Stone trying to be God and Adam in the Cistene Chapel painting touching fingers over the McAllen mission
Foosball sess with the gang


No comments:

Post a Comment