Monday, August 22, 2016

Last in La Feria

Well everyone transfers came around, and I am headed somewhere else! It's a bittersweet change for sure since I have been with my "greenie" Elder Rosaschi for three transfers now and I have grown a deep love for the members here. But it's just part of it.

Before I get too far thanks so much Grandma Jeri for the card. I always appreciate and love to hear from you.

So this last week was a lot of fun spending time with Elder Madsen our district leader when we could. He is heading home this week so we tried to send his mission out with a bang. He was super fun to have around.

To help celebrate his end of mission we went up to the northernmost town of the area they are covering called Port Mansfield. The water wasn't the prettiest on the ocean, but it was still pretty cool. The highlight for me was the neighborhood deer that are basically like pets and will come up and eat popcorn out of your hand. They had some surprisingly nice bucks that would come right up to you. It was interesting how little the whitetails are down here compared to the ones i'm used to up in Iowa and Missouri. They are cool little guys down here.

Our ward also had a chili cook off that was super good. The funny thing was that Elder Madsen had his dad send him a recipe and the one that he made actually one first prize in the competition! We also had our good friend Zuri who is a recent convert of Madsen's make an amazing completely homemade banana cream pie. She won the dessert portion of it.

Well that's about all I have to say for now. Elder Rosaschi and I didn't end up baptizing together, but there are a handful of people that are super close. I know that if he and his new companion work hard they will have success. Despite all that, I feel that I learned a ton in this area and I made a great life long friend with Elder Rosaschi. I am very excited to see where and who I go with for my new area. It's going to be great!

Stay Classy,

Elder Sheehy


Saving a tortoise on the way to Port Mansfield

Port Mansfield


Windy district picture



Elder Stanley reminiscing about the times he could go into the water 

Port Mansfield deer







And some pictures off of Facebook....






No comments:

Post a Comment