Monday, March 21, 2016

The Weslaco Life

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone has been having a fantastic week! So I apologize that I haven't been keeping up sending many pictures out. So to make sure that I have enough time, I will try and keep this as brief as possible. As always, I would like to thank the fam and Grandma Jeri for the St. Patrick's day packages and the letters. I am so extremely spoiled and fortunate with all these great treats and little necessities.

I am still loving my companion Elder McIntosh to death. We have way too much fun cracking jokes and singing songs while out working hard. I don't know what I did to have had such great companions all the time, but I am definitely not complaining.

I really had a very spiritual week. It was just one of those where everything was going your way during my studies I just felt very close to my Heavenly Father and the spirit was bringing so many great new things to my mind. I am so grateful to have such a loving Heavenly Father. This trend didn't stop either out working. I found two very cool families from promptings to go back and speak with people out in their yards. Every time it yielded wonderful results. It just is a constant reminder that it is His work, and I am just merely an instrument here. What a blessing and a privilege.

I also have seen the truthfulness and power behind the priesthood. While on an exchange with Elder Mason (love this Elder to death). We visited their very humble, and prepared investigator Maria. Maria has had a very rough life with very many health problems. She has been for the majority of time bed ridden, or at the very least very immobile with a walker with her constant dialysis treatments and other complications. We went over and spoke to her about attending church the following day. She so badly wanted to attend but, told us that there was no way with her injuries from a bad fall the previous day and her current health. I received a firm prompting to give her a blessing and we proceeded to do just that. After I promised her from the spirit that she would be able to attend church. No matter what she felt like the next morning to get ready and the pain would go away. Well, despite some obstacles that Satan threw in the way Sunday morning, she arrived the final hour of church looking healthy and very happy to be at church. Through this woman's faith and the healing power of our Father in Heaven, she made it to church when her health and science would say that she shouldn't have been able to. This power is really and we are truly in the church that is headed by our Savior Jesus Christ.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Know that He will lift you every time you stumble, every time you feel down, and when all odds are against you. You simply need to reach out.

Love,

Elder Sheehy


And sometimes he has a little different perspective when he writes to me...

Hey Mom!

From the pictures it looks like you have been having a fun week. I am doing really well myself. Things have settled in with the new companionship and I am feeling very good. The only thing that has brought a bit of stress is how many people have been dropping investigating the church. It is starting to bum me out to see so many great people be too stubborn or prideful to accept the fullness of the gospel. Fortunately there are others out there waiting to hear it, but I have never been dropped by investigators so much in my life out of nowhere over text, and right after extremely spiritual lessons where they are so seemingly excited about the gospel. Satan sucks, haha. The bright side is my new companion is still awesome and we have a lot of fun joking around with the other Elders in the district.

Anyways,

That is super good to hear that the weather is now getting good and that Em is doing so well in sports. She is going to be super buff by the time I get home. Me on the other hand with all the greasy tacos... not so sure hahaha. I bet the temple dedication thing was super cool. You really learn to appreciate temples when you are so far away from one like me right now and not able to go. I will definitely be going to one right after I get back.

I did receive your package and the first St. Patrick's Day package from Grandma J. Thanks so much for all that (love the cookie butter always and the huge bag of my favorite jerky) and especially the replacement blade on my razor. It feels so much better. Like shaving smooth with butter. Be sure and let Grandma J know how much I appreciate her's too and that I will be eagerly awaiting the next one.
Sorry on not getting pictures out in awhile. It takes a long time sending them one at a time and I run out of the amount of time I am obediently supposed to email unfortunately. I'll send some today.

Love you so much! I love and appreciate you more and more out here every day. You really are the best mom!

Love,

Elder Sheehy


Rockin the Enchilada Pants. 
He made these himself in a school class way back in 8th or 9th grade, 
I love that he is still getting use out of them, and they haven't fallen apart :)

The McIntosh

Christensen's Party Pants













No comments:

Post a Comment