Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter!

Happy late Easter everyone!

I hope everyone had a great one! I loved that it was a fast and testimony meeting this year to have the opportunity to hear so many great testimonies of the Savior Jesus Christ. Easter was great! I actually spent it back in the Alamo south area on an exchange with Elder Christensen! It was fun to be back with him and back in my old area. It felt very good to be in a Spanish ward again too. Something cool they do down here in Mexican tradition for Easter is make what are called "cascarones". They are the traditional Easter egg, but they clean out the inside through a hole and fill them with confetti and tape up the hole. Then they have egg fights trying to crack the confetti eggs over the other kids heads. That is something that needs to spread into American Easter culture. Of course, we need to keep it centered on the Savior too, however.

First, Thanks Grandma J for the great Easter letter! I am continually impressed by your unceasing charity. I am certain that your package has arrived too, but I haven't been able to make it to the mission office to pick it up yet.

So the notable experiences of the week were first, going on an exchange with Elder Fielding in our district (great loving, funny, and extremely hardworking missionary). The highlight of this was practicing ways to baptize one of their investigators who has a dialysis machine on her chest that can't get wet. So elders McIntosh, Mason, and I wrapped him up in a Tupperware container, tape, and Siran (sp?) wrap and having him go underwater at the font to see if he got a piece of towel wet on his chest (We of course got President Maluenda's permission to do this). So Elder Fielding basically got to obediently swim for an hour on his mission. Kind of funny. The best thing was when we first got there, there was the largest cockroach I have ever seen chilling in the empty font. So we sent Elder Mason in there to kill it. He missed with the broom and the thing trapped him in a corner with him freaking out. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I wish I would have got it on video. His reaction was priceless.

The other was going on an exchange on Easter Sunday with my zone leader and former companion Elder Christensen. I love that guy to death, so it was great to spend some time with him again. The other thing that made it so great was spending time back in the Pharr ward that I served in for one transfer. There are a lot of people that I love there. What really pleasantly surprised me was to see my favorite family from La Joya had moved to Pharr! The Navarros! So I got to catch up with them and talk about where I've been since I left La Joya a little under a year ago.

This week was great and even though the work has been slow, I feel good about the work I am putting in. I really do hope that the people that said no now change their minds, because they were all genuinely great people, just not wanting to follow the Savior right now I guess. Pretty sad. It's a good thing they will still get so many chances to change.

Well in the spirit of Easter I would like to just leave you all with my brief testimony of the savior Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt that He lives at the very moment and that all he does is for the benefit of all of you and I. That He and our father in heaven work perfectly in tandem to help us become who we are destined to be. Know that you can turn to him in every deed, every question, and every trial. He knows it all. Never do we need to go at life alone. His love and power is sufficient for all things. (Alma 7:11-13)



(Not sure why it just cut off at the end.  Also, I combined a bit from his personal email to me, because there were more details in mine.)

Here's some pictures that one of the members posted on Facebook of Easter at her house...
Looks like they are well taken care of :)









No comments:

Post a Comment