Monday, March 7, 2016

Bye bye Elder Christensen :(

Heeeyyyy everyone!

So the news is out. I will be staying another six weeks in the great area of Llano Grande! It's been such a blast to be able to serve here. Unfortunately, Elder Christensen is heading out :(. It's hard to say goodbye to him. He has been an excellent companion and has become a great friend. I am not sure who my new companion is yet, but I hope he is another great one. I have been extremely blessed to have great companions so far in the mission.

So this week has been super great. It really flew by just like the rest of the transfer. Unfortunately our best investigator wasn't being honest and basically doesn't have a testimony of anything and a bunch of investigators dropped us, but I still had a great time serving the district and members here.

I had the cool opportunity to go to an art show at the little Weslaco museum here showcasing paintings and sculptures from our ward mission leader. He is an extremely talented guy that you would never know has so many talents because of how humble he is. I will be sure to attach some photos.

Other than that it's been a week filled with jokes and laughs among the district. I have enjoyed being the companion with a district leader so much again. It is a great opportunity to serve other missionaries which has become one of my favorite things to do out here. I know very well how difficult and stressful the work can get so I find a lot of joy from helping lessen their burdens in any way that I can.

Well, the church is true. I have gained such a profoundly deep appreciation of the atonement this transfer. I cannot ever deny that Christ is with us at all times and though we may not see him or our Father in Heaven in every moment, they are absolutely lifting us and preparing the way before us in every moment. We just need to do our very best to allow that atonement to carry us through those difficult times. I know that it is sufficient for all in every situation.

Love you all so much!

Stay classy,

Elder Sheehy

The last Blockbuster

The Zone

Happy 1 year mark!



Paintings from our great member, Brother Adame




No comments:

Post a Comment