Monday, October 26, 2015

Semana 35

Buenas tardes!

I hope that everyone had a great week! Mine was great! As always, thanks so much to Grandma Lorraine for the Halloween card with the gift card and Grandma Jeri for the Halloween card as well! I am so blessed to have such wonderful Grandmothers. I appreciate all that you do.

So this past week we had the cool opportunity to have Elder Dube of the Seventy come and speak to us for a day out in Corpus Christi. It was a looong day with tons of driving, but it was completely worth it. He is an amazing guy and the spirit was so strong as he spoke. He is also one of the funniest guys as well who lit up the room with his happy attitude. Not to mention he is a dope African accent that sounded way cool. I felt super uplifted from the things he talked about. He had nothing but great things to say about our mission and us as missionaries, which felt super good. He also told us something that we all already know. We have an incredible mission president who loves and cares about us deeply. Such a great day trip.

Saturday we got a bunch of rain from the hurricane system that hit Mexico. Luckily no damage or flooding here. Sounds like Mexico and other parts of Texas got hit pretty hard which is scary. Haven't heard much for details.

Yesterday I gave my first talk in Spanish! Boy it was scary, but it went really well. That gift of tongues definitely kicked in, haha. I spoke about being patient in the Lord's timing and through adversity. Overall, It's been a very good week.

That's all for now. Will send a few pictures.

Love you all so much and hope everyone is doing well,

Stay classy,

-Elder Sheehy

Found a wild tarantula! That sucker was big! (yikes)

Pretty sky out proselyting

Our investigator, Samuel's house in El Cenizo


A lady in our ward gave a great talk in sacrament meeting yesterday in which she emailed all of the missionaries in our ward and asked them their responses to this question: "How do you make Christ like attributes a part of your lives and missions?" 
This was Austin's response that she read as part of her talk...  


I would say, with all Christ-like attributes it really comes down to self examination. I try to take a moment during studies on a weekly basis and ask myself, "Which aspect do I most need to improve on?" and "What did I do well this week in?" I then prayerfully set goals that will help me become better in that attribute. It also comes down to constantly reminding yourself of that which you are trying to achieve and seeking divine help. Because we truly are not on our own and we can do nothing without the strength of the Savior. In every prayer that week or until I feel that I have improved at a sufficient level I will ask our Father in Heaven to specifically help me develop that attribute. I then focus on the outward. To be a follower and example of Christ is so much easier if we view mortality and others around us as He does. We cannot expect to see much improvement until we have worked on this. To end, I always give thanks for any success or things I have learned and repent when I fall short. It won't always be easy, but it will be oh so worth it. As long as we are improving and taking steps towards that tree of eternal life, we are doing precisely what our Father in Heaven wants of us. 




One more thing, it came to my attention today that I put the wrong zip code for Austin's mailing address on a message that I sent out a few months ago. It is correct on this blog, 78046. Hope that didn't mess up anyone's letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment