Monday, July 18, 2016

Thanks for a Great B-day!

What's up everybody?!

Thanks so much for a terrific birthday and the awesome packages/cards! You guys spoil me so much!

Thanks to:

-Grandma J for the great package, letter, and program from the Maluendas homecoming
-The Coys for the delicious burger card (I was so surprised when I opened our mailbox to that, lol)
-Hermansens (my Deb-rah and company) for the card and pictures!
-Steve, Kim, Katie, and Jared for the card!
-Grandma Lorraine for the card!
-Aunt Sherrie for the card!
-and the fam for the package!
-Also anyone i may have forgotten with my terrible memory :s just know you are loved lol

Y'all are the greatest!

So it's been a crazy cool birthday week! So first round of business is that they took out one of the missionary companionships in our ward so we are helping out are good buddies Elder Madsen and Stanley (the weslaco wacko lol) to cover our giant ward boundaries so we are in Harlingen for half of the week now. It is nuts, but I really like the challenge and getting to go by all the members. Plus I love the other Elders in our district to death so we have a blast spending way more time with them during the week. All the missionaries that went home in July put a big hit on the mission this month so we are all spread pretty thin.

The next thing that was pretty sweet was getting to go up north to a town called Raymondville for a day with the other elders that had been a branch in the past, but closed down. We are putting our focus there as the missionaries of the ward so that someday the branch can be reopened. It was a super ghetto place, but had a lot of cool abandoned buildings.

For my birthday I was given a lot of cool things from members and cakes (they spoiled me :) ) and a really good friend here who is a recent convert named Zuri heard of my obsession with Mickey and disney and got me a bunch of mickey stuff for kids including a coloring book lol it was great. The day after was actually the day between our birthdays since hers is on the sixteenth so we had a party at a super good pizza place in Harlingen. I also got her back with a bunch of gag gifts too.

On Saturday I got an irish dinner! The Mallowneys ( Super cool family that loves the missionaries. Brother Mallowney is from Brooklyn, New York so he has the cool accent) in Harlingen knew I was Irish and that i loved corned beef so they cooked up some corn beef and cabbage like our St. Patrick's day dinner back at home and we had a feast! It was super good! I even wore a clover tie made in Ireland and St. Patrick's day socks I found to celebrate. I didn't think I would be getting that until I got home so that was super cool.

Well it's been a terrific week so I am so grateful to all of you and the great members in the Harlingen ward.

Have a terrific week!

love y'all!

Stay Classy,

Elder Sheehy




Hey mom!

Things are great! I had a super fun birthday! Way more fun than last year. A lot of members did really nice things for me.

Be sure and let all the peeps know thank you on facebook. . Thanks so much for the mangos, cds, shirt, and other stuff! I appreciate it :) you guys are the best!

Thanks for everything again and making my birthday fun way out here :)

Love you so much!

(p.s. You unleashed so much chaos at our apartment by giving Elder Rosaschi and I nerf guns, hahaha)


The aftermath of getting a chocolate cake to the face on my birthday

Corned beef and cabbage!

Cool beetle we found. The green dots on the back are bio-luminescent. Crazy bugs you find down in Texas.




These are all pictures members posted on Facebook, I love when these randomly pop up on my feed. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment