Monday, June 6, 2016

I Love The Rain!

What's up everybody?!

Sorry about not getting an email sent out this past week. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and are out doing fun things. I would love to hear from any and all of you. Here it has been super enjoyable weather with all this rain. Rain is a huge blessing because it cools it down a lot. Literally anything to keep the heat down a little is giant here in the South Texas heat and humidity.

Because I wasn't able to get a mass email out last week I want to thank Grandma J and Brooklyn Hermansen for the letters. I love hearing about your lives.

So to catch up a little bit, Elder Rosaschi and I are still together here in La Feria. We love it and we get along really great. The work has been a little slow, but we are putting in hard work and I know that the Lord will bless our efforts so we can find more people to teach.

Mostly this email will be focused on pictures and videos from the last few weeks since I have neglected to send them out. So I hope you all enjoy.

Elder Rosaschi and I during the lull in investigators have a had a great opportunity to serve local members. We have had some great, very spiritual lessons on the atonement. Probably some of the best on the mission so far with members. I love every opportunity to speak on this topic because it is everything. I can't even tell you how much the atonement has changed the person I am for the better. The atonement's power has no bounds and is a free gift available to each and every one of it. I invite everyone to reflect more on how indescribably awe inspiring this gift is. It is so much more than forgiveness of sin. This is my solemn and humble testimony. In the name of He who freed us all from an everlasting death, Jesus Christ. Amen.

On to the pictures...


Love you all so much and I am so grateful for all that you do.

Love,

Elder Sheehy

Yeah, I definitely got stuck in the mud in a members front yard after one of the rain storms.

Outside our apartment in the fog.

So something pretty cool in our area is basically this little zoo that belongs to an elderly widow who has been on and off again investigating the church. We have been going over to give her service fairly regularly and there is a ton to do. She has probably a hundred parrots, a ton of monkeys, and dogs. So it is a pretty cool place to visit. 


This one talks and says hello.



One of the many different kinds of monkeys. You have to be careful around them, because they will try to steal your name tag. they also bite.

This guy has serious anger issues. He will jump across the cage, slam into the wall, and shake the bars whenever someone comes close.



One of our member's sons who is serving a mission in Washington is a crazy talented artist. He drew the murals of Halo and Star Wars on the hood of his car. We thought it was scratches from a distance, but when we got closer we were like " Are those storm troopers?"

Breaking Bad







No comments:

Post a Comment