Monday, June 20, 2016

La Feria Life

Hey everybody!

I hope you all had a wonderful week. Mine was pretty good. It is heating up real quick here in La Feria so we're just running from shady spot to shady spot and home to home as quick as possible. I have never downed so much water, so quickly in my life. A gallon+ of water is more than easy to down out here. Pretty nuts. I hope and pray that some rain will find its way out here again soon.

Well before I get too far. I always want to thank Grandma Jeri for her weekly letter that she sends. Love you lots grandma.

So this week has been a little hectic and we haven't had all that much time to go out and work in our area (super tough on me as a missionary). So we have had to rely on the Lord and pray that whatever little efforts we put forth that he will magnify them and prepare the hearts of those who we haven't been able to reach yet. I know he has been answering those prayers.

Unfortunately for that reason I don't have much to write about in this weeks letter. Just know that I am doing great and I couldn't be happier with the progress that Elder Rosaschi has been making. I couldn't ask for a better greenie to train. He is a great guy with a big heart.

Something I would like to mention is from a study today that is found in the book of John chapters Fifteen and sixteen. I love these chapters a lot because Christ explains how he views those who choose to follow him. I love how he states that we have been chosen by him and even though he is the king of kings, he doesn't view us as servants or subjects, but friends. However, because we are numbered with Christ I think we often forget that we must be prepared to face adversity and be hated of the world. The good news is the promise that Christ gives in the conclusion of chapter sixteen : verse 33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." I know that Christ walks our path with us every day and waits on us to ask for help. Don't forget to ask for those things that you need and to pour out your heart in gratitude. I testify that Christ did overcome the world and for that we need not look far for refuge. He suffered every one of those pains and was despised of men for each and every one of us. This I bear witness of in His sacred name. Jesus Christ. Amen.

Have a great week everyone! I hope to hear from you all soon *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge* haha.

Stay classy,

Elder Sheehy


We found a members selfie-stick, so.....

A member posted this on Facebook yesterday. She said it was after Stake Conference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment