Monday, February 22, 2016

Hump Week

How's it going everyone!?

My week has been busy, but very enjoyable once again.

First off, thank you so much to Grandma J. for the Valentines package and letter. I really appreciate all the charity you show to me.

So it's hard to believe that I'm going to be hitting my year mark in a few days. It truly seems like just yesterday that I left, but at the same time it feels that i've been gone for a long time. It's a very surreal feeling.

So this week was filled with great food like going to a delicious place called Fat Daddys with the great recent converts the Cuellar family. We got a delicious thing called a botana which is basicaly just a platter of delicious mexican food (sliced chicken and steak, nachos, rice, beans)and after that a free ice cream cone with some of the most delicious soft serve I have ever had. I also had a super spiritual lesson on an exchange with my zone leader Elder Cannell from Logan, Utah. We met a super cool lady that we came to find out that had just days before lost a very close friend. It gave us the opportunity to bear our testimonies of the plan of salvation and how I truly know that we will see and have the opportunity to live with our loved ones once more after this life. I also had the privildge of getting to know a return missionary that just returned from Chile. He had some crazy stories that made me glad to be serving stateside. I know it was still a great experience for him. Saturday we had a fantastic visit with the whole mission present to hear a mission training from Elder Corbridge of the 70. I was really impressed at how strong his vocabulary was, but everything was taught so simply and to our understanding. I wish you all could have been there as I learned so many great things to apply to the work here.


That's about it for this week. I'll send some pictures from last week.

Have a great one!

Stay classy,

Elder Sheehy

Teaching goats

McAllen Day Spa with the zone 

No comments:

Post a Comment