Monday, September 21, 2015

Semana 30


Hey Everyone!

Well, transfers are coming up tomorrow and I will find out tonight where I will be for the next six weeks. Hard to say what's going on, but it will be a blast wherever I go. I feel like Elder Chacin might be splitting which will be tough, but it will be cool to get to know some other elders here.

As always, thank you so much to Grandma Jeri for the letters. They must have gotten backed up because I got three this week which was super cool. Also Grandma Jeri that's cool that president Call at the Mexico MTC is your former stake president. I was around him quite a bit there. He was a really cool guy. Also thanks so much to Aunt Bertha for the letter as well. I really appreciate the time you take to write me.

So, I don't have a ton of things to write about this week because it's just been kind of the end of transfer craziness, but on Tuesday we had another zone conference with President Maluenda. I enjoy every time I get to hear him speak. He is an incredible guy that has an amazing gospel knowledge and testimony. You can really tell how much he and his wife care for us missionaries as well. It's great to know that I can always turn to him and he will drop anything to help, if it ever was necessary. 

On Friday Elder Chacin and I enjoyed a little fiesta birthday party of one of the recent convert's son in our area. They are a super cool family with Brother Deleon who is an ex-army Iraq veteran, a die hard 49ers fan and the whole family is way into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So it was a ninja turtles themed party with delicious mexican food and spanish music. It's cool getting to know and love the culture here more. It is definitely a Mexico/America mix which is really cool.

Yesterday a couple of the sister missionaries in our district baptized which was way cool to see because we have been so involved with helping them. They have been working super hard and they definitely deserved to enjoy that incredible gift of baptism with their new convert.

That's all for now. Have a wonderful week everyone! I will let you all know how transfers went.

Love,

Elder Sheehy


Bye bye Elder Eskelson :(

Zone shirts we made. I am in the upper right corner

Primary kids dressed of for Mexican Independence Day at the branch party

Guard goat in the middle of inner city Laredo. Only would you see this here, ha ha

La Cucaracha. I'm so glad we don't get these and the other big bugs at home.

Road runner in the fanciest neighborhood of South Laredo

Lake Casa Blanca from last week when I was on exchange with Elder Eskelson








No comments:

Post a Comment