Monday, September 14, 2015

Semana 29

So first, sorry everyone this is going to be another really short one this week. I had some important things that I had to write my mission president and it took a good chunk of my emailing time.

I hope everyone had an awesome week and that they are enjoying the start of fall. I know I am! We are finally starting to get rainstorms occasionally again which is a huge life saver. I have learned to love rain so much more down here, haha. Maybe I will have to live in Seattle or somewhere like that after the mission?

So this week has been truly a week of miracles. So many crazy cool little things. I would go into more detail time permitting, but suffice it to say, the power of fasting is so amazing. I have seen it time and time again. It's also amazing how God puts us in the path of prepared people to hear the gospel through these "coincidences" (though really, I no longer believe in coincidences) We met a really cool, humble guy last week that just walked up to us at the library who wants to be baptized and came to church. Amazing guy who has it rough right now having just been kicked out of his house and just roaming from relative to relative here in Laredo.

I also had a blast serving in the Zone Leader's area called Abundancia with Elder Eskelson. He is going home next week and it will be super strange and kind of hard to see him go. He has been one of my leaders for just about all the time I have been out here so far. He has become one of my best friends out here and always keeps me laughing. That's something I've really learned from him, work hard on the mission and do all you can, but have righteous fun. You shouldn't suffer through the mission. Because really, it is one of the most incredible gifts that God gives us. It really is like college to prepare for life and the Celestial Kingdom. Also the fact that He trusts us enough to take part in His greatest work to bring us eternal life is truly humbling to me.

That's about it for this week. I love you all so much and am so grateful that I have all of you in my life. I can't believe how truly blessed I am and how much God is involved in our lives.

Stay Classy,

Elder Sheehy

P.S. Elder Chacin and I totally saw an illegal getting pulled out from under a car by a border patrolman right in front of us last night. Just down the road from our apartment. It was great, haha. God bless 'murica


No comments:

Post a Comment