Monday, June 22, 2015

Semana 17

Hello everyone!

This has been an excellent week and I have truly seen so many great little miracles.

First, our recent convert Javier was very unhappy because he slept through two alarms on a test day for his summer classes and was told previously from the teacher that there would be no way to make up the test and that if you don't take a test you basically fail the class immediately. So we had a lesson with him about having confidence in the lord and that he will provide miracles for us if we demonstrate our faith, after all we can do. We gave him a promise that if he read the scriptures that we assigned him and right before going to talk to the teacher to say a prayer with full purpose of heart that God would help him. So we got a call later in the week, after praying a lot for him, from Javier thanking us because it worked! He told us that he had done all that we said and that when he talked to the teacher, he said that they had issues with the scan-tron test and that a bunch of students were having to do an alternate assignment and that he wouldn't normally allow it, but he decided to let Javier do the alternate assignment. He was so happy over the phone and told us he walked outside and didn't even care that there were people all over, he sat down on a bench and said a prayer thanking God. It was so awesome to hear how much confidence he gained from that experience. I told him not to thank us, that it was all our Father in Heaven, as well that he should always look back and reflect on this experience when he is having doubt or feeling discouraged. He is truly becoming a valiant servant of God and wants only to serve. I truly believe that he will be on a mission in a couple of years. It has been so humbling to have a front row seat on seeing someone grow their testimony and see the gospel working in their life. I can testify that miracles do not cease to exist and that they happen every day. God wants to bless us and he always will if we do all that we can and show our faith. These are not coincidences. We have a loving Heavenly Father that is involved in the smallest details of our lives.

We also had a great zone conference with President Maluenda this past week that was much needed. His words are so wise and really helped me regain that drive and fire that I need to be the best that I can. I wish that it would have lasted for three days because I came out of that feeling so good. I am so blessed to have such an incredible mission president. Wouldn't be surprised to see him become an apostle some day.

I am going to have to cut this letter a bit short this week so I apologize. Luckily I have been doing very well at keeping a journal so I can go into more detail of my experiences when I get home of all that is going on. I have been struggling to find time to write letters so I apologize once again for that. I appreciate all that has been done for me thus far and wish I could do more to repay all of you. Hope you all have a wonderful week as always. This church is without a doubt in my mind God's only true church on the earth today. Keep the gospel the center of your lives and you will see the details and happiness of your lives magnify in ways you would never expect.

Love you all so much,

Elder Sheehy


And here is the letter he wrote separately to me:

 Hey Mom,

Yeah, I guess it really will be four months this week. Crazy how time flies on a mission. Hope all is going well with y'all. Sounds like you had a good Fathers day. I miss Grandpa too sometimes, but I always look at that magnet that Grandma sent me (a magnet that Austin had picked out for Grandpa Don on a trip to Iowa a few years ago that had John Wayne on it and said "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway") and I just smile and know that he is working hard helping others hear the gospel on the other side. I absolutely feel him and Tyler and Tara helping me out on the tougher days.

Wow, sounds like Uncle Steve is going to be in fantastic shape when I get back. That would be awesome to run in Hawaii! (I had told him about Uncle Steve's recent run in the Ragnar Relay and other races he is preparing to run in.)

Hope you have a good "Birthday week"  haha, with Em. Yeah it will be nuts that she will be driving around when I get back. Things are going really well here. I was pretty bummed out about Boo last week, but I feel really good now, though I will miss seeing her lounging around the house when I get back. That dog did so much for me during the hardest times so I am so grateful for what time I was able to have with her. I have really seen some great miracles this last week, so hopefully I will have some time to write a bit about them in the mass email. It's probably going to be short because of time,
so sorry ahead of time.

Have a wonderful week! love you so much!

Elder Sheehy


Doing some service with the ward on a members roof

                                 
The three Destuirs, the guy on the far left is Eber, he is an investigator of the sister missionaries in our district from Guatemala

Yes, we are cutting the grass with shovels. That's how we do it on the border. hahaha

Burn pile of the old roof scraps, Takes me back to Missouri

We were having a meal appointment outside, and then the rain came

No comments:

Post a Comment