Monday, June 8, 2015

Semana 15

How is everyone doing? Hope that dad had a great birthday. There is a card in the mail, so hopefully it made it, or will arrive soon. First off as always, thanks so much mom for the letter and the list of birthdays. I apologize that I haven't been able to get any letters out. I've been very strapped for time these past two weeks. I will get to them as soon as I can. I hope to get at least two written today.

Well I'll be honest here from the start, this email is going to be probably very lackluster. It's been in all honesty a pretty tough and uneventful week around here. The work has really stagnated and things just kept falling through.

So what few things happened this week:

First off, the day after having a really enjoyable exchange with Elder Olsen in his area of Pueblo de Palmas. They were getting some creepy texts from a potential we found in their area. It was super funny because this 25 year old woman was crushing on Elder Olsen so we had to think of creative ways to blow her off. Really funny how much it was creeping him out. It's very interesting to say the least when this stuff happens as a missionary. Super glad I haven't had to deal with that yet.

We also found a really great less active family clear down a dirt road surrounded by texas brush. It's always interesting going down those in our little Chevy Cruze especially with all the rain we have been having. Luckily we haven't gotten stuck yet. This family was super friendly and we came to find out they are huge weapon collectors so we had fun spending a little time looking at their Katana swords and antique guns. I look forward to spending more time with them because they have great testimonies, just life has gotten in the way a bit right now.

Well, unfortunately that is pretty much it. This week has been a real grind and we just haven't been seeing success. That and Elder Berger hasn't been feeling well most of the week. I am doing my very best to keep a good attitude about everything though, because I know that things will turn around and when they do, it will be worth it. I have been focusing a lot of my personal studies on the Atonement and the plan of happiness these past few days and I invite others to look into those topics as well. It has been such a huge help for me and I can promise everyone that the Savior is truly aware of our current circumstances and will do everything in his power to help us through the rough times, if we have but faith and ask our Father in Heaven. The power of prayer is real. I see it every day out here. It's amazing what miracles I get to see and how much I have been helped through the rough times. As crazy as it may sound I am truly grateful for the hard times. They are when we learn and grow the most and begin to appreciate all the good that we have been given more.

Anyways, I hope that everyone has a great week. I'm always praying for y'all back at home. I hope that you continue to strive to learn more about who you are and what your purpose here is on the earth, and what amazing potential we all have through the scriptures and words of the prophets.

Love,

Elder Sheehy



Weapon fun at the backwoods house

Elder Sessions with a big frog we found outside our apartment

The old Los Ebanos ferry on the Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment