Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Years All!

Happy New Years everyone!

Wow it's crazy to finally be in 2017. I never thought this year would come. I always said to myself "Oh I don't go home until 2017 so I have plenty of time.." Well here we are! It's been interesting to say the least to start my returning home plans and winding down. I still feel like I have forever left, but the things i'm doing tell me otherwise. I am being sure to give it the best i've got before jumping on the plane. It's been such an amazing experience out here and i'm going to miss it.

Not a whole lot to say this week other than getting a new companion named Elder Leatham from Heber, Utah. He's a super fun guy, so i'm grateful that i'll be able to spend the last month with someone's company that is enjoyable. The work was kind of slow this last week with a ton of unanswered doors being knocked. I believe that it's just the holidays and that things will go back to normal for the remainder of the transfer. We got to watch Finding Dory as a mission yesteryday. I liked it a lot and thought it was a pretty good sequel considering it's often hard to live up to the first one. We did have one cool miracle that came from incorrectly contacting a home that we thought was a former investigator. We found out later that it was the house next door we were initially looking for, but we met a super humble woman named Lisa who has been through a ton in her life already. I know that she is sorely in need of the gospel in her life and it was super cool how receptive she was immediately. I look forward to seeing if she will keep the spark and continue down the path to the happiness that she seeks and will find there.

Beyond that I just wish to thank the following people:

-Killians for the Christmas Card
-Rankins for the Christmas Card
-Grandma Jeri for the New Years card

Thank you so much for all the love and support!

I hope everyone goes out there and makes 2017 the best year yet. I know that if you center your life in Christ more this year that He will help make more out of you than you can imagine at this time.

Love y'all and stay classy!

Love,

Elder Sheehy

No comments:

Post a Comment