Monday, April 11, 2016

What Up?!

Well I hope that everyone is enjoying their spring. I bet it feels much better up there in freezing Utah. Everything here is going well. Just out here working away and enjoying life serving the Lord. Doesn't get much better than that.

Before I get too far,

We have a lot of birthdays coming up and passed!

First,

Happy late birthday to Alexis and Colby! I miss you guys and am so excited to hear that you will be baptized soon! What a great choice!

also,

Happy birthday to Sharlyn and Jolyn! Love you so much!

and,

Happy birthday Jared! Love ya cuz!

So this week has been very good. Just been sharing a lot of laughs and enjoying seeing the other elders in my district have success with another baptism yesterday. It bring me more joy to see the others around me receiving those blessings then it does getting them myself. Something enjoyable from being great friends with all of them.

It's also been very nice having a car in our area now so we only hit the bikes two days out of the week. A huge blessing with the weather heating up more now. It's also very handy for the area that was given to us that extends down to the border. We are enjoying getting to spend time with new less actives we are finding and just exploring.

Something else that was super cool was that because of the area change we now have Julian and Mauricio my recent converts in our area! It's been so much fun to be able to visit them more and play quick games of basketball with them between talking to their neighbors. Something else that is very exciting is that we had a very good lesson with their mom and she accepted a baptismal date! I would love nothing more than to see their entire family united in the gospel. I love those kids to death and know they are going to be great missionaries some day. They also have the funniest little 3 year old sister that reminds me a lot of how Kyle and Brandy's Alexis was at that age.

Well, the gospel is true and through it you will find a lasting happiness unlike anything else this world has to offer. Though the world may continue to darken, because of the Savior Jesus Christ we have an incredibly bright future ahead. We only need to do our best and keep on the straight and narrow path.

Have a great week!

Stay classy,

Elder Sheehy

No comments:

Post a Comment