Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Holland Is The Man!

Hey everybody!

I hope everyone had a terrific week! Mine was a little crazy whitewashing into La Feria and training, and on top of that sick with a cold. It's been an adventure for sure. I love my new companion to death once again. I am seriously blessed with good companions. My "son" in the mission is Elder Rosaschi. Very humble, hardworking country boy from a ranch in Eastern Nevada close to Carson City. We've been working hard to get to know the members here and find people to teach. Thank goodness I picked up a GPS at the end of last transfer or we would be hopelessly lost, haha. We have met one super cool member named Brother Peavler who comes from Wyoming. Great guy that loves to hunt and gave us some amazing home smoked wild boar jerky. It is some of the best jerky I have ever had. They have helped us get acquainted well with the area so far.

Highlight of the week was an amazing visit from Elder Holland. Holy smokes, one of the coolest experiences of my life!  I haven't ever felt the spirit as strong as when he was here, not even in the temple. He is absolutely called of God and is an apostle of the Lord. I already knew that, but meeting him solidified that. I wish that it would have been recorded because my notes do it no justice. He is an amazingly loving guy.
 I have such a firm testimony that this church is true and that he really is an apostle of the Lord. I literally thought the heavens were going to part and that we would see angels in the chapel, the spirit was that strong. He complimented how amazing our mission president and his wife are and that we have a great mission. He said it was funny that instead of having to talk about obedience or the rules like most the missions he goes to, he would get the opportunity to speak about deeper, more meaningful doctrine. What he called graduate level doctrinal knowledge. He focused a lot on keeping strong after the mission and never turning back. He talked about how his mission meant everything in the world to him and how he was the first of his family to serve. Also gave us some really cool insight on the Holy Ghost and how we under appreciate or fully comprehend the divine gift of having the presence of a God with us so often as Latter Day Saints. He also spoke of how the Holy Ghost gives us the tiniest peek at celestial joy here in a telestial world.
He also gave us an apostolic blessing of the atonement and how like the Nephites that all went to Christ to be healed at his coming, we all will receive the opportunity and given time from the Savior to be healed of our weakness. Since, as he put it… we are all a little blind, slow of speech, and deaf in a spiritual sense in our own ways and have other physical challenges as well.
 I really wish that you all could have been there.

Other than that, it's just been a great week. Will have more to report on next week. Love ya guys a bunch!

Stay Classy,

Elder Sheehy

(p.s I don't know the address to our apartment yet, so just send all letters to the mission home for now. I will get it for the next email out)

Mijo Elder Rosaschi!

Meeting with Elders Holland and Robbins
If you zoom in really close, you might find Austin ;)

Baptism of Eliza and Draco! Two cool kids.

I love Bishop and Sister Jess. They were great to me and the other missionaries during my time in Weslaco. I will miss them a lot.

Saying goodbye to Randy and Cory Cuellar :(

I love and am going to miss Elders Mason and Fielding

Farewell to the Donna District

Don't worry, I'll wait until after the mission ;) haha

Exchange bike day with Elder Mason

First District meeting in Harlingen. We were the goats being rounded up by the shepherd.
Great missionaries I'm excited to get to know better.

How and why these dogs got up there...I don't know.

A memorial for Elder Walker and Elder Strong who passed away after getting hit on their bikes in Weslaco. I'm sure they are busy preaching the gospel in the spirit world.











No comments:

Post a Comment